Whether you call her Nana, Grammy, Nonna, Oma, Abuela, – there is no one quite like your Grandma. She’s there with gentle touches, warm cookies and the soft scent of lavender and talc. This shawl is inspired by vintage afghan throws that all our mothers and grandmothers seemed to have during those far off golden tinged days. Let go of the hustle of the day, snuggle in with your favourite cuppa and let your mind drift away to those amber autumn days.
- 64” (162.5 cm) wingspan x 22 1/4” (56.5 cm) deep
- Sweet Paprika Designs Pizzicato (80% blue-faced leicester wool, 20% nylon; 412 yards (376 meters) / 115 grams)
- Shown in Barn Door (MC); Buckwheat (CC1); Pumpkin Spice (CC2)
- Size US 4 (3.5 mm): 40” (100 cm) circular
- Stitch markers (optional for marking repeats); T-pins for blocking; blocking wires (optional); tapestry needle
- 24 sts and 34 rows = 4” (10 cm) in St st after wet blocking.
- easy lace (yo, k2tog, ssk)
This pattern was featured in the fall 2016 release of the online Knotions magazine. You can view the pattern by following this link – Nana’s Cottage Shawl