Once upon a lifetime ago, both my Grandmother and Mother would often tell me how every girl, no matter her age, always needed her own pair of ruby slippers. Not only because she deserved them, but also so that she would always remember that she could return home. No matter what.
While to this day, my mother searches out fancy ruby coloured shoes, I’m a simpler kind of gal. Barefoot, trainers, or slippers are much more my speed.
No Place Like Home slippers were inspired by those portable flats that you can toss in a purse/gym/work bag. Easy to make, easy to carry. Super quickly worked up in a small amount of time and yarn, they are perfect for gifting, stash busting and keeping a small bit of home with you no matter where you are.
* Turtlepurl Softshell Turtle Worsted, shown in “True Blood”
* US 7 / 4.5mm
* 16 stitches and 24 rows to 4” / 10cm
- fit with approximately 1 1/2” – 2” / 3.8cm – 5cm of negative ease
- Women’s S / M / L / XL (approximately US 3-6, 6-9. 9-10, 11-12)
- knitting in the round
- easy increases and decreases (k2tog, yo, m1l, m1r)