TNBT Ep 02: “O Canada!” (I’m a Habitual Yarn Sniffer) – SHOW NOTES
To view, like and subscribe on YouTube, click here.
- Happy Canada Day!
- Hair, “The Waiting for Chantelle Hair Challenge”
Tea Mood & Treats
- Mlesna Maple Tea – which Michelle of Maple Moose Fibres Podcast & Etsy sent to me as a goodie when I got my Paca bag – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnsxaeEscmg8ucBubhfPAlw – Etsy https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MapleMooseFibres
- Collingwood Whisky, http://www.collingwoodwhisky.com/
- Sweet Oven Skor Butter Tart, http://thesweetoven.com/
- 12 Days of Christmas Mitten Garland KAL, patterns by Kat Lewinski, http://www.justcraftyenough.com/2016/05/12-days-of-christ…
- Bannock by Bristol Ivy – un-modded would have used 5 balls for 40” bust, with hood mod it took about 5 1/2 balls Patons Classic Wool Worsted (100% wool), “Salmon Heather”
- note errata; pages 3 & 4 under “ALL sizes resume” should read 28 st repeat, round 5 of “Yoke Chart A” 4th stitch should be a m1p
In My Queue aka What I would be knitting if I had the time
- Radiate by Nim Teasdale
- Linientreu by Ute Nawratil KALs
- Good Game – A Summer Sock KAL, July 1 – September 5, GG socks pattern * play on Ravelry, post pics in thread of wips and fos, tag project pages with #goodgamesummerkal * play on Instagram, post pics of wips and fos tagged with #goodgamesummerkal * will be prizes * July 1st (12:01am EST – 11:59pm EST), pattern will be free on Ravelry with coupon code GGCanada * show me lots of progress pics, let me know what yarn you’ve chosen * check out other current KALs to get more chances of winning (be sure to check each KALs specific rules, they could differ); Two Tangled Skeins Canada KAL/CAL 2016 – at the bottom of the first post there is a list of several Canadian Podcasters who are participating and you can enter in each of their “branches” of the KAL, I’m not even presuming to take part cause yeah… I’m a n00b wannabe sorta kinda baby podcaster
- a further examination of stitch dictionaries; * Do you use the stitch patterns / charts “as is”? * Do you credit stitch dictionaries? * What happens if you can’t get them to work? What if the chart or written instructions are wrong? * “A Treasury of Knitting Patterns” by Barbara Walker, “The Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook” by Melissa Leapman, “750 Knitting Stitches” by Erika Knight, “Vogue Stitchionary Volume One” by Vogue Knitting Magazine, “1000 Knitting Patterns Book” by Nihon Vogue
- unnamed boxy sweater pullover thingy, in progress, Berroco Folio (65% superfine alpaca, 35% rayon), “Monhegan”, “Orr”, “Peaks”, “Cushing”, http://www.berroco.com/yarns/berroco-folio
- “The Green Man” shawl, in progress, Dyed by Lindsay 100% camel fingering, “Fern Gully”, https://www.etsy.com/shop/dyedbylindsay
- unnamed mobius massive cowl, in editing, Marks & Kattens Fame Trend Paljett (55% wool, 38% acrylic, 7% payette), “White”, http://marks-kattens.se/
* Georgian Bay Bayfield Aran (100% untreated Blue Faced Leicester), $22 CAD, 115g (4oz) / 183m (200yds), “Windermere Hollyberry”. http://www.gbfibreco.com/collections/hand-dyed-yarns/prod…
Yarn Therapy/Enabling aka Show & Tell
- Trailhead Yarns Cypress Sport (100% Canadian Wool), “Spring In Your Step” and “Glacial”, https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TrailheadYarns
- FireFly Fibre Arts Knitting Counter Ring (stainless steel), size 10, “Rainbow”, https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FireFlyFibreArts
- Bayview Fibre Arts, Hand Dyed Sock Yarn (100% superwash merino wool – 2 ply) “Majestic Morning Glory”, https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/BayviewFiberArts?ref=l2-shop…
- Owls On Dante, Canada Stitch Markers, Karma progress keeper, Clever Disguise progress keeper, https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/OwlsOnDantes
- Lakeside Yarn Crawl, June 18 – September 5, http://lakesideyarncrawl.blogspot.ca/
- Purl3, LYS in Orillia (The Sunshine City), Ontario, Canada, http://www.purl3orillia.com/home.html
- Yarn Indulgences, Zed Luxe Sock (70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon), “Lakeside”, http://yarnindulgences.com/
- Fibre Share, fibreshare.org * I received a parcel from Laura in Alberta and holy alpacas, thank you for such an incredible package and for doing an awesome stalking job on my IG account * I’m sending to a lady nearby (about 45 minutes away from me), so I’m spoiling her rotten ;-p
- Wool Felted and Embroidered mittens, a garage sale find by my parents
- We went to the PacMall! “North America’s Largest Chinese Mall” http://www.pacificmalltoronto.com/#! * Had an amazing meal at Axia Cafe (satellite location), http://www.axiarestaurant.com/index.html – can not recommend the Hong Kong Tea and Stone Pot Bibimbap enough, omg I’m drooling thinking about all the food! * I always like to try something new, so hit one of the snack shops, got matcha kitkat, plum candy and Japanese style confetti candy
Ask Me Anything
- Danelover – Where do you find your inspiration for patterns, stitches involved and do you have a favourite source for stitch patterns?
- Fishdancing – Reading a lot right now on Ontario cuts to Autism funding… Is this affecting your boys in school?
- Yarning4asmile – Next episode!
- BayviewPaula – Next episode!